New incentives for Investors in Serbia, News
Serbia entered 2017 with a new Decree on Terms and Conditions for Attracting Direct Investments. During late December, the Government of Serbia amended certain incentives for investors, aiming to create an even more comfortable investment climate, particularly for those planning to invest in the undeveloped parts of Serbia.
Among other incentives, the state support will be evident in the aid related to fixed assets. An investor could receive support amounting to 10-30% of the total value of the investment, provided that at least 25% of the total investment is secured from the investor’s own funds.
Furthermore, according to the new Decree, the investment value threshold for qualifying the investor for support from the state has been decreased from EUR 150,000 to EUR 100,000, along with an obligation of the investor to employ at least 10 employees. The aid to investors will vary between EUR 3,000 and EUR 7,000 per employee, depending on the degree of development of the municipality where the investment will take place.
The Ministry of Economy expects that the additional incentives for investors will positively impact the investment market of Serbia, especially in the undeveloped and devastated areas of the country.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year