SEEPEX announced the launch of the organized continuous intraday electricity market in Serbia in June, News
SEEPEX, the operator of the Serbian electricity exchange, at the conference organized by the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, announced the launch of the organized continuous intraday electricity market in Serbia in June of this year.
The continuous intraday market will be a new product of SEEPEX and an addition to the existing day-ahead market.
Miroslav Lutovac, an advisor to the president of the Chamber of Commerce, said that this is an important step in opening the electricity market and continuing the harmonization of domestic and EU standards in this area, especially highlighting the significance of energy in the current global uncertainties.
According to him, energy has become a serious parameter in evaluating a company’s business activities. The uncertainty that comes with energy prices and availability has greatly influenced the prices of electricity, which has become a commodity on the exchange, bringing with it a degree of uncertainty and possible turbulence.
The plan is to connect the domestic intraday electricity market to the unique European cross- border intraday electricity market (Single Intraday Coupling – SIDC) as soon as possible.
CEO of SEEPEX Milos Mladenovic said that this is just the last piece in establishing a complete market framework in the entire mosaic of the electricity market in Serbia, adding that he believes that the green transition in Serbia will be carried out in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Rade Mrdak, an advisor to the Minister of Mining and Energy, assessed that the formation of the intraday segment of the organized electricity market is a logical and expected step in the overall development of the electricity market in Serbia.
He said that the Ministry of Mining and Energy has started preparations to amend the Energy Act, which will transfer nine regulations and directives in the field of electricity to the domestic legislation by the end of this year, creating conditions for entering the final stage of electricity market reform, i.e., connecting the domestic electricity market with the unique European market and complete harmonization with the European Union in this area.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute