Serbia at turning point, News
Serbia is at a turning point, transitioning from a country predominantly oriented to work in large state-owned factories to a market-oriented country with greater entrepreneurial initiative, President Tomislav Nikolic said Monday.
“Educators now have a crucial role to play in making young people realise the times of market competition and new technologies are an advantage, rather than a bad thing. Responsibility for one’s own work and job rests upon the individual, while the state has a solely regulatory role,” Nikolic said at a meeting with Anand Asthana, director of the International Centre for Promotion of Enterprises (ICPE).
Centres such as the ICPE – if Serbia becomes its member – can help young people to learn something new and experience the best practices in Europe, a statement from the presidential press office quoted Nikolic as saying.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year