Serbia, Construction activity in decline by 13.7 percent, News
The value of completed works in construction decreased by 13.7 percent in the fourth quarter of last year compared to the same period in 2021. The value of completed works on buildings decreased by 12.8 percent and on other buildings by 14.2 percent in constant prices, Republican Bureau of Statistics announced today.
Observed according to regions, the value of works decreased the most in Belgrade (30.9 percent), then in the Region of Southern and Eastern Serbia (19.8 percent), in Vojvodina (1 percent), and in the Region of Šumadija and Western Serbia (0.3 percent).
Let us remind you that construction activity fell by 13.5 percent in the third quarter, with the fact that at that time in Belgrade, the decline amounted to 25 percent. The main “culprits” are the skyrocketing prices of raw materials, the unpredictability of construction costs and a noticeable decline in private investments.
Although the construction sector of the Eurozone also recorded the biggest decline since the pandemic brought the economy to a standstill in 2020. Rising borrowing costs, a sharp rise in raw material prices and concerns that a recession could accelerate the decline in property prices have weighed on Europe’s construction industry.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule