Serbia eager to develop cooperation with Belarus in defense industry, News
Serbia is interested in developing cooperation in defense industry with Belarus, Serbian Defense Minister Zoran Dordevic told reporters after the opening of the international defense technology expo MILEX 2017 in Minsk, BelTA informs.
“I am always happy to arrive in the friendly Belarusian state because I am among friends. On 20 May, I had a meeting with the defense minister of Belarus. We agreed that we have very good cooperation and relations. But it is always possible to promote them, and it is the main objective for us,” Zoran Dordevic said.
The Serbian delegation visited the exposition to get familiar with the Belarusian defense industry potential, determine the prospects of cooperation between the two countries, and, perhaps, mull over certain joint projects.
Military Attache at the embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in Belarus, Brigadier General Guillermo Barbosa Heredia, in turn, remarked that he was impressed with exposition in general and the opening ceremony in particular as it was a spectacular combination of military demonstrations and cultural shows. “I cannot say that I like one thing more than others. I was impressed by helicopter shows and demonstrations of special operations forces. They were impeccable,” he said.
The exposition brought together almost 140 participants from Belarus, Germany, China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine. Companies from Germany and Slovakia take part in the military expo for the first time this year. Eleven defense technology companies of Russia will display more than 350 samples of armament and military equipment. Chinese manufacturers will also show their products in Minsk.
Organizations included in the State Defense Industries Committee will present about 90 samples of armament, military and special equipment for radio detection, radio electronic intelligence and fight, transportation equipment and means of destruction. Besides, there will be an exposition of the Defense Ministry’s equipment designed and manufactured at Belarusian defense sector enterprises in the past years and used in the Armed Forces.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute