Serbia “expected to ensure world-class business environment”, News
The World Bank expects Serbia to ensure a world-class business environment, says WB Country Director for Southeast Europe Ellen Goldstein.
To unleash the power of the private sector, Serbia needs to have “a world-class business environment – not just good in the Balkans, it really has to be top-notch,” she said.
That will be one of the priorities for the Serbian economy in the coming period, Goldstein told Tanjug.
Presenting the WB’s latest Western Balkans report in Brussels, Goldstein also named four other tasks Serbia must complete for its economy to progress.
The tasks include completing the transition to a market economy.
“There is too much that is still in the public sector that really does not belong there, so tackling state-owned enterprises, reducing the footprint of a very large and inefficient state is critically important,” she said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?