Serbia on path of economic recovery, growth 2.9 pct, News
Serbia is on a path of economic recovery, with a 2.9 pct economic growth and a budget surplus of over 300 mln euros, Minister of Economy Goran Knezevic.
“We want GDP growth to be over 3 pct and sustainable over the next four years so that we can bring the living standards of our citizens closer to those of the citizens of EU countries,” Knezevic told a conference on SMEs organised by the Swiss-Serbian Chamber of Commerce.
Serbia’s industrial output is up by 5 pct, Knezevic said, noting that a trend of growing exports was encouraging.
Two years ago, the budget deficit was around 2 bln euros, while all economic indicators are good now, Knezevic said.
“Unemployment is down to 15.2 pct and we expect it to drop to 11 pct over the next three years and remain sustainable over the longer term,” Knezevic noted.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?