Serbia posts 33 bln dinars (275 mln euro) budget surplus in H1 – fin min, News
Serbia’s budget balance showed a surplus of 33.2 billion dinars ($312.8 million/275.5 million euro) in the first half of the year, finance minister Dusan Vujovic has said.
The figure is 80 billion dinars higher than planned, Vujovic said in a statement on Wednesday.
Vujovic also said that Serbia’s exports increased by 13.3% on the year in the first five months of 2017.
Serbia’s budget balance showed a surplus of 12.5 billion dinars in the five months through May, compared to a deficit of 11.3 billion dinars in the respective period of last year, the finance ministry said last month.
In May alone, Serbia reported a budget surplus of 1.8 billion dinars, based on revenues of 87.3 billion dinars and expenditure of 85.6 billion dinars.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has revised its projection for Serbia’s budget deficit in 2017 to 1.1% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), down from 1.7% forecast earlier, the head of IMF mission to Belgrade, James Roaf, said on Wednesday.
IMF sees Serbia’s public debt decreasing faster than initially expected, while the fiscal consolidation is progressing faster than planned, Roaf said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute