Serbia seals the deal for start of Belgrade Corridor 11 ring-road, News
Serbian vice president Zorana Mihajlovic has held talks with Li Manchang, China’s Ambassador to Serbia in Serbia, for continuation of works on Belgrade’s ring road.
According to the political magazine B92, Mihajlovic also signed a memorandum of understanding with Azvirt, the company from Azerbaijan, and China’s Sinohidro.
Discussions included continuation of work on the Surcin-Obrenovac part of the Corridor 11 motorway. A commercial deal for the project has already been signed with the China Communication Construction Company.
In November, Serbia’s Tanjug news agency reported that Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said the deal was worth around €209 million and included construction of the 18km Surcin-Obrenovac bridge. Corridor 11 runs from the Serbian capital Belgrade southwest to the border with Montenegro, another member state of the former Yugoslavia that dissolved after a brutal war in the late 1990s.
Vucic told Serbia’s state broadcaster RTS that the arrangement with China was “a very favourable credit arrangement with a lengthy grace period” that was based on a “dramatically” lower construction cost.
Source; World Highways
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute