Serbia’s central bank approves opening of Bank of China branch, News
Serbia’s central bank has given preliminary approval for Bank of China Ltd to open a branch in the Balkan country, the first time a major Chinese bank will have done so.
“As it is planned, the bank in Serbia will be the central office for the Balkans, Eastern and Western Europe,” the central bank said in a statement on Friday.
China is strengthening its economic presence in Serbia with more than 20 finance and infrastructure deals, including currency swaps, renewable energy, highway construction.
China is also boosting its economic presence in the wider Balkans with its One Belt, One Road initiative, intended to open new trade links for Chinese firms as the domestic economy slows.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year