Serbia’s central bank buys euros to stem dinar gains – dealers, News
The Serbian central bank purchased an unspecified quantity of euros on Wednesday to stem gains of the dinar which remained strong against the common currency despite bank’s repeated interventions, dealers said.
The bank which a day earlier bought 15 million euros, stepped in as the dinar traded at around 118.7 to the euro, or 0.1 percent up from the previous close. After the intervention the dinar slightly weakened to 118.07 to the euro, Reuters data showed.
The central bank which keeps dinar in a managed float to euro, a preferred foreign currency in the Balkan country, so far in 2017 bought 1.035 billion euros($1.24 billion)and sold 345 million euros to prevent excessive oscillations of the dinar.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects