Serbia’s foreign trade was larger than last year’s, mostly with European Union, News
Serbia’s total foreign trade in goods in the first three months of this year was 16.7 billion euros, which is 6.8 percent more than in the same period last year, the Republic Statistical Office (RZS) announced today.
Goods worth 7.3 billion euros were exported, 15.8 percent more than in the first period of 2022, while the import of goods was worth 9.4 billion euros and was 0.7 percent higher than at the same time last year, it was stated. In the statement.
The deficit was 2.1 billion euros, or 30.7 percent less compared to the same period of the previous year.
The coverage of imports by exports was 77.6 percent and was higher than the coverage in the same period of the previous year, when it was 67.5 percent.
As stated, the foreign exchange of goods was the largest with the countries with which Serbia has signed free trade agreements.
The member countries of the European Union account for 59.3 percent of the total exchange.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects