Serbia’s largest construction firm has new owner, News
Dobroslav Bojovic, director of the Napred Razvoj company, has become the majority owner of Serbia’s largest construction company, Energoprojekt.
Serbia’s Central Securities Depository and Clearing House on Monday finalized the takeover bid.
Tanjug is reporting that Bojovic and connected entities now own a 52.01 percent stake in the company, while the state still owns 33.58 percent.
Energoprojekt’ General Director Vladimir Milovanovic said that the Administrative Court had rejected a request to temporarily stop the takeover bid.
Milovanovic stressed that the same request has been submitted to the Commercial Court, and that the case is also considered before the Appellate Court.
Earlier this month, Milovanovic told Beta that the supervisory board and Energoprojekt’s entire management think that if successful in his attempt, Bojovic would “destroy the company” – after 66 years of existence and successful business operations.
According to him, this would happend “because of the character of the people who wish to take it over, and the extremely suspicious activities of these firms.”
Milovanovic said at the time that it was “difficult to believe” that the securities agency would first find premeditated action in the hostile takeover bid that came from Bojovic and the companies connected to him, and file an economic crime complaint – to then allow Napred Razvoj to go ahead with the bid.
Milovanovic also said he expected authorities, “above all the Special Organized Crime Prosecution” to react, and revealed that criminal complaints had been filed against Bojovic and Vitomir Peric, director of Jopag AG, one of the companies involved in the takeover, and the companies themselves.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year