Serbia’s public debt is 55.2 percent of GDP, News
Serbia’s public debt at the end of 2022 amounted to around 33.33 billion euros, which is 55.2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), the Ministry of Finance announced today.
At the end of November, the public debt was 32.29 billion euros, i.e. 53.5 percent of GDP, so in the last month there has been an increase.
As for the year-on-year ratio, the public debt of Serbia at the end of 2021 amounted to 30.13 billion euros, which was then 56.5 percent of GDP, so in nominal terms in euros it has increased, but in relation to GDP actually decreased.
In a separate news release, the Ministry of Finance announced that at the end of last year, the state budget deficit amounted to 235.2 billion dinars or 3.3 percent of GDP.
Serbia’s budget deficit in 2022 was 235.2 billion dinars, which represents 3.3 percent of the gross domestic product, and that is better than the plan foreseen in the October budget rebalancing by 43.9 billion dinars, i.e. 0.6 percent of GDP. they state in the ministry.
Revenues were realized in the amount of 1,680.3 billion dinars, and expenditures were made in the amount of 1,915.5 billion dinars, while in December last year the deficit was 154.2 billion dinars.
At the level of the general state in 2022, a fiscal deficit in the amount of 221.2 billion dinars and a primary fiscal deficit in the amount of 114.5 billion dinars were realized.
The deficit of the general government in 2022 was 3.1 percent of GDP, and the result is better than planned by 0.7 percent of GDP, i.e. 50.3 billion dinars.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 31, 2023 Serbia: Farmers’ associations are dissatisfied with the way in which the eAgrar system is implemented
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, Export growth in February 14.9 percent compared to the same month in 2022
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, New toll prices apply from tomorrow