UAE to lend Serbia $1 billion to plug deficit, refinance loans, News
The United Arab Emirates will lend Serbia $1 billion to help the indebted Balkan country refinance its existing debts and to help it finance its ongoing budget deficit, Serbian Finance Minister Dusan Vujovic said on Monday.
Speaking at a conference in Belgrade, Vujovic said the 10-year loan would bear an interest rate of 2.25 percent and be ratified by parliament “in coming days”.
Serbia’s economy has performed strongly this year, with its budget deficit forecast to come in at 2.5 percent of GDP this year, lower than the 4 percent planned for. Serbia has been pushing for the International Monetary Fund, with which it has a$1.2 billion loan deal, to authorise higher spending next year.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects