USD 737.5 million surplus with CEFTA in six months, Market News & Opportunities
Serbia recorded a USD 737.5 million surplus in trade with CEFTA countries in the first six months of this year, primarily thanks to the export of agricultural products, iron and steel, according to the data of the state statistical office.
Serbia exported mostly grain and related products, beverages, iron and steel.
Stone coal, coke and briquettes, iron and steel, electric energy, and fruits and vegetables dominated the export.
Between January and June, Serbia exported USD 1.42 billion worth of goods, while importing USD 679.6 million, for an export/import ratio of 208.5 percent.
In 2012 Serbia also had a surplus in trade with CEFTA countries to the tune of around USD 1.32 billion, as a result of exporting the same range of products.
The CEFTA region is one of the few markets with which Serbia has had a steady surplus and its second biggest trade partner after the EU.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute