Etihad, Serbian govt. invest USD 200mn in Air Serbia, Market News & Opportunities
The UAE national air carrier Etihad Airways and the Serbian government will invest a maximum of USD 100 million each in a new company Air Serbia.
This was announced on Thursday after the signing of a strategic partnership agreement between the two companies.
Etihad and the Serbian government will first invest USD 40 million each, and then each secure additional funds amounting to up to USD 60 million.
The new management will run the joint company Air Serbia as of October, its director being Dane Kondic, a Serb from Australia.
Etihad signed the five-year agreement with the Serbian government on administering the Serbian national air carrier and will ensure a USD 40 million credit line, which will become the company’s basic capital as of January 1, 2014 after adequate approvals.
The Serbian government will reciprocate by pumping in the same amount of capital.
Etihad Airways and the Serbian government will secure the shareholders’ loan and other financing mechanisms, a maximum of USD 60 million each, thus covering the needs for operating capital and backing the development of a transport network of the new company Air Serbia.
Etihad Airways will purchase a 49 percent stake in Jat Airways, and the agreement on a broad strategic partnership encompasses the introduction of a new fleet and a new integrated transport network of international destinations, which will lead to a greater inflow of business and tourist passengers.
Air Serbia will start flying to Abu Dhabi as of October this year.
After the signing of the agreement, it was underscored that the arrangement will boost trade and investment relations between the UAE and Serbia, having a positive impact on the improvement in tourism of both countries.
In 2012, the trade between the two countries amounted to EUR 23.3 million and increased three times in comparison to 2011, and economic relations continue to develop, receiving an impetus from a series of agreements signed at state level during previous months, which envisage investments in agriculture, defense, technology and tourism.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute