Winter will not stop the construction of infrastructure projects in Serbia, News
Construction works are being carried out throughout Serbia, despite low temperatures, but we have to finish all roads, because citizens expect it from us, said Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Tomislav Momirovic during today’s tour of works on the section New Belgrade – Surcin, a new city highway that will connect Belgrade with the “Milos Veliki” highway.
– We try to keep the dynamics on the territory of the whole country. Today, we are here in Surcin, practically on the smallest project of a fast road, but very important due to transit traffic through Belgrade, especially for New Belgrade and Surcin. Perhtaps this project is the most important for Surcin because it is an integral part of the Jakovo loop, which is coming to the Republic tomorrow. I expect that we can start construction of that loop that will significantly relieve in terms of traffic – said the Minister Momirovic.
– We will not stop until we finish all infrastructure projects. We waited too long and stagnated. For too long, only the highway from Subotica to Nis was the one where we could drive at maximum speeds, and this is only a small part of 1,200 kilometers of highways and fast roads that are currently under construction – the line minister added.
Minister Momirović underlined that the work must be completed on time, even though it is a section of the road from New Belgrade to Surcin that is very demanding and with a large number of expropriations. The section of the road New Belgrade – Surcin, as part of the highway E-763 “Milos Veliki”, is 7.9 kilometers long and is worth 58 million euros. The contractor is the Chinese company “China Communication Construction Company”.
The tour of the works was also attended by the mayor of Surcin, Stevan Šuša, who praised the contractors for their diligence and dedication and emphasized that, with the completion of this project, Surcin will become one of the most promising Belgrade municipalities, Novosti reports.
- August 13, 2022 Growth in turnover on the Product Exchange
- August 12, 2022 Inflation in July reached a record 12.8 percent
- August 12, 2022 Serbia will pay in full for the gas shortage and the Russian price