Allocation of EU assistance to local governments for the promotion of tourism and cultural heritage, News
The European Union will allocate more than 650,000 euros in non-refundable funds from pre-accession IPA funds for projects aimed at improving the tourist offer and cultural heritage in seven cities and municipalities in Eastern Serbia and the Lower Danube region, it was announced today.
Local governments, project holders, have invested at least 20 percent of their own funds as additional co-financing for the implementation of the projects they have applied for.
“These are difficult times in which we are witnessing Putin’s aggression against Ukraine. Ukraine is our neighbor and only 10 days ago they said they wanted to modernize their country and raise their potential. We hope that soon we will be able to work with all partner countries again, we are discussing perspectives for a brighter future, “said Emanuel Joffre, head of the EU Delegation to Serbia.
He pointed out that the EU, through the project “EU for You – for cultural heritage and tourism”, not only helps Serbia to preserve and improve its cultural heritage, but also to improve its tourist offer, which contributes to economic growth, especially during the crisis caused by the Crown Pandemic. virus.
“The EU is proud that, along with some other cultural monuments, it has already enabled the reconstruction of Golubac Fortress and we are happy to be able to help work on buildings along the Danube and in Eastern Serbia, to help restore the beauties of Serbia’s rich cultural heritage,” said Joofre.
In the next two years, as long as the project is expected to last, the EU will award grants to small and family entrepreneurs in the tourism sector, young activists and civil society organizations, innovators and cultural heritage management organizations, tourism promoters, regional agencies through similar competitions. for development, organizations that deal with business support for the development and promotion of tourism, said in a statement the project organizers.
The project “EU for You – for cultural heritage and tourism” is financed by the European Union, co-financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), and implemented by the German Organization for International Cooperation GIZ, Beta writes.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 26, 2023 Serbia, The price of corn fell by 12.4 percent and wheat by 6.6 percent
- March 26, 2023 Zijin exported for 359 million euros
- March 26, 2023 Fintel Energia has selected Chinese Windey as the preferred supplier for its 800MW-plus Maestrale Ring wind farm in Serbia