Amendment to enable more stable stock market trading, News
Finance Minister Dusan Vujovic announced Thursday a legislative amendment would soon be tabled to the parliament to enable more stable stock market trading, and noted Serbia would have difficulties with embarking on a third phase of investments without a developed stock exchange.
The goal is to create conditions for a mass presence of companies on the stock exchange and enable major state-owned firms to be listed if they are prepared, but without causing shocks on the stock exchange, upsetting prices or the structures of the companies, Vujovic said at the 15th International Conference of the Belgrade Stock Exchange.
Economy moving toward sustainable growth trajectory
In the first ten months of this year, Serbia has achieved a budget surplus of nearly 40 bln dinars, Finance Minister Dusan Vujovic said Thursday, adding that the Serbian economy was moving toward a trajectory of sustainable growth.
Speaking at the 15th International Conference of the Belgrade Stock Exchange, Vujovic said a deficit of approximately 2.1 pct of GDP was expected by the end of the year.
“That is because we will take over past debts, and that is one of the ways we are contributing to the overall economy and the financial market functioning better,” Vujovic said.
A 2.7 pct economic growth is expected this year, with a real growth rate of 3.5 pct anticipated for next year, Vujovic said, adding that a 3.5 pct growth rate was expected in both 2018 and 2019.
“The Serbian economy is moving toward a trajectory of sustainable development,” he said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?