Serbia to vice-chair Executive Council of UNWTO, News
Serbia has been chosen as the vice-chair of the Executive Council of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) for 2017.
During this time the chair will be Azerbaijan, the Serbian Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications said on Wednesday.
Tourism is recognized as one of the priority sectors in the Serbian government’s agenda, said Deputy Minister of Tourism Renata Pindzo, at the 104th session of the Executive Council of UNWTO in Luxor, Egypt.
Serbia invests into regional cooperation and initiatives for creating a joint tourism product with the aim of attracting tourists from far-away markets, especially China and South Korea.
Pindzo stressed that Serbia will actively participate in marking 2017 as the year of sustainable tourism, and backed the UNWTO’s idea to form a work group for security in tourism, having in mind the contemporary challenges tourism faces.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects