Valuable contracts for infrastructure projects to be signed soon, News
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic will sign contracts for infrastructure projects, worth €734 million, during the Summit of Heads of Government of China and 16 countries of Central and Eastern Europe which will be held on 5 November in Riga.
Together with representatives of the Serbian Railways Infrastructure and a consortium of Chinese companies China Railway International and China Communications Construction Company, Mihajlovic will sign a commercial agreement worth €319 million for the realisation of the first phase of the Belgrade-Budapest railway, from the Serbian capital to Stara Pazova.
A Memorandum of Understanding with the Chinese Exim Bank on crediting project of the Hungarian-Serbian railways in the territory of Serbia will also be signed.
A double-track railway line in the length of 34.5 kilometres, from the station Belgrade Centre to Stara Pazova, for speeds up to 200 kilometres is the first project of the Chinese railways in the territory of Europe and will be built in accordance with all local regulations and standards of the European Union.
Mihajlovic will sign an agreement with the Chinese Exim on financing the construction of the Surcin-Obrenovac motorway, worth €208 million, for which a commercial agreement with Chinese company China Communication Construction Company was signed in June.
The new motorway has a length of 17.6 kilometres and its integral part is a new bridge across the Sava river, in the length of 1,800 metres.
This will be the third section on the Corridor built by Chinese companies, after the sections Obrenovac-Ub and Lajkovac-Ljig, in the total length of 50.8 kilometres, where the works are performed by Shandong Hi-speed Group.
Chinese companies will also work on the continuation of the construction of the ring road around Belgrade, on the section from Ostruznica Bridge to Bubanj Potok in the total length of 19.5 kilometres.
The commercial contract for the construction of a section worth €207 million between the Serbian government, public company “Roads of Serbia” and Chinese company Power Construction Corporation of China envisages the possibility that domestic companies participate in the works with 49 per cent.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects