EBRD raises 2016, 2017 GDP growth projections for Serbia, News
After a strong momentum (2.9 pct y-o-y) in the first half of 2016, the Serbian economy is expected to grow by 2.5 pct in 2016 and by 2.7 pct in 2017, says the EBRD’s latest Regional Economic Prospects report.
The EBRD has thus revised upwards its May projections for Serbia by 0.7 pct for 2016 and 0.4 pct for 2017.
“Private investments will continue to be the main growth driver, supported by the recovery of consumption, partially offset by declining contribution from net exports.”
“The main upside risk for the projection comes from the potential upscaling of production in the recently privatised large steel mill where the Chinese owner announced ambitious investment and production plans while future oil price developments and possible weak external demand, in particular for the automobile sector, may be a drag on growth next year,” the report said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?