Chinese-owned steel plant “an image of powerful Serbia”, News
The Hesteel steel mill in Smederevo plans to produce 2mn tons of steel next year, which will boost Serbia’s GDP by 1 pct, probably more, says Aleksandar Vucic.
The Serbian PM made the comment as he met with the plant’s workers and management on Thursday.
“This is an image of a very beautiful, powerful Serbia, which shows we can work differently and better,” said Vucic, who took a tour of the plant with Hesteel President Yu Yong and Chinese Ambassador Li Manchang.
The Serbian government and the Hesteel Group signed in April a 46 mln euro sales and purchase agreement on the company’s acquisition of the plant.
The collaboration with Hesteel is the “deal of the decade, which brought a turnaround in the Serbian economy,” Vucic said.
Vucic noted he was proud that a visa-free regime with China was taking effect on January 1.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?