Supported byOwner's Engineer
Clarion Energy banner

Serbia sees modest rise in construction permits issuance in February 2024

Supported byspot_img

In February 2024, Serbia saw the issuance of 1,797 construction permits, marking a modest 0.6% increase compared to the same period the previous year. Of these permits, 80.5% were allocated for building projects, with the remaining 19.5% designated for other types of constructions. When narrowing down to buildings alone, residential structures accounted for 77.2% of the permits, while non-residential buildings made up the remaining 22.8%. Additionally, among other construction categories, the majority focused on pipelines, communication networks, and electrical installations, representing 65.8% of the total.

Regarding residential projects, the data revealed plans for the construction of 3,370 apartments during February 2024, with an average floor area of 66.9 square meters. Notably, a small portion (6%) of these apartments was slated for buildings with only one unit, boasting an average area of 156.9 square meters. Conversely, the majority (92.8%) were intended for buildings featuring three or more units, with a notably smaller average area of 59.9 square meters.

The anticipated value of construction activities in February 2024 reached 77.1% of the total projected value. Regional analysis indicated that the Belgrade area would witness the highest construction activity, contributing 37.6% of the projected construction value. This was followed by the South Bačka region (10.6%), Zlatibor region (6.2%), South Banat region (4.6%), Šumadija region (4.2%), and Central Banat region (4.0%). The participation of other regions ranged from 0.2% to 3.8%.

Supported by


Supported byClarion Energy
Serbia Energy News
error: Content is protected !!