Serbia, The first IBM development center was opened in Novi Sad today, News
The first IBM development center was opened in Novi Sad today, and Prime Minister Ana Brnabić pointed out that this is a big day for Serbia, because the development center of the largest global company, which is the forerunner of the entire IT industry, is opening.
This is also the first center where technologies for IBM’s needs will be developed, the Prime Minister also opened the first office of the American company in Novi Sad.
“When IBM comes to you, it’s a big signal and says that we are an important destination on the world business map. Until now, in Belgrade, they only sold their solutions, but the technology for their needs was never developed in Serbia,” said Brnabić.
She reminded that two weeks ago the American ambassador and President Aleksandar Vučić opened the representative office of one of the largest companies for electric vehicles “Rivian”, and that now the development center of IBM is opening.
“It is of great importance for our economic growth and this is a wind behind us and an incentive to believe in our talents. It is already being announced that this office will continue to grow. I am grateful to IBM for believing in us and I am convinced that they we will not disappoint,” the Prime Minister stressed.
The general manager of IBM for Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Albania, Nikola Polić, says that software will be developed here.
“This is a big deal for the local IBM because we are finally opening another office in Serbia, which will deal with very specific technology development. It is important for Serbia, because it shows that it is a great place for large technology companies to come. Thanks to this development center, we will be able to let’s provide better services and support to users in the wider region,” said Polić.
The mayor of Novi Sad, Milan Đurić, says that Novi Sad is recognized as the center of the IT industry.
“In Novi Sad, we have almost 900 IT companies that employ ten thousand people. Thank you to the Prime Minister for bringing us such important investors. We want IBM to feel at home in Novi Sad, said the mayor.
38 engineers are currently employed here, and the hiring of even more is announced. We are talking about young experts who were educated at the University of Novi Sad, RTS reports.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects