Serbia, What do the new amendments to the Law on Renewable Energy Sources mean for prosumers?, News
The new amendments to the Law on Renewable Energy Sources, which are before the National Assembly as of today, do not provide for all the reliefs requested by the owners of small home solar power plants and panels, prosumers (buyers-producers of electricity).
Power plant power limit for most households in Serbia that want to install solar panels is 17.25 kilowatts (kW).
However, then the state said that it would reduce it to 6.9 kW, with the explanation that they are protecting citizens from fraud by installers, not to install more than they need, explains Nenad Maričić from Ruma, whose household installed solar panels and became prosumer.
“Many complained about that proposal, so they relented anyway, so the limit is not 6.9 kW but 10.8 kW, and for most of the prosumers on the list, their power plants are normally 10 kW,” Maričić told Nova Ekonomija.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?