A Belgrade-Cairo service is among the routes to be introduced by Air Serbia this June.
The official launch of direct Belgrade-Cairo flights was on Thursday attended by Serbian Deputy PM and Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Rasim Ljajic, Egyptian Ambassador to Belgrade Amr Aljowaily and Air Serbia CEO Duncan Naysmith, the Egyptian embassy in Belgrade said in a statement.
“After over 13 years, the direct flights, which will start in the first week of June, will strengthen the positions of the two capitals as regional centres in Africa on the one hand and in the Balkans on the other,” Aljowaily said.
Cairo is the only African capital that will be an Air Serbia destination and Belgrade will be the only capital city in the Western Balkans to have direct flights to Cairo, he said.
- Chinese firm to connect Serbia's capital with new highway
- Mihajlovic: „Serbian highways by world standards’’
- Serbia leads global greenfield investment index
- Mahan Air Reconnects Serbia To Iran
- Serbia to Spend as Much as 12 Billion Euros on Infrastructure
- Toyo expands in Europe with new R&D center; plans to build Serbia factory
- Government again gives 21 million euro to Air Serbia
- The Old Railway station is being reconstructed
- Budapest Airport gains Nis connection with Air Serbia
- Air Serbia continues consolidation drive