The Czech Republic’s PPF Group acquired Telenor’s assets in four CEE countries as it believes in the potential of these markets and aims to develop its telco operations in the region.
Speaking at the Digital 2018 conference in Belgrade and quoted by b92, Marek Slacik, executive director of the telecom sector in PPF Group, added that that he viewed the telecom market in Serbia as dynamic.
Telenor Serbia is the leader in the mobile sector, while Serbian users have high expectations, wanting to use a lot of internet and have the latest models of smart devices.
Slacik also said PPF Group wanted to bring what is best from its knowledge and skills from the countries it already operates to the Serbian market.
As previously reported by Broadband TV News, Telenor completed the sale of its CEE assets to PPF Group in a deal worth €2.8 billion at the beginning of August.
Source; Broadband TV News
- Russian bank's loan to Serbia's state-owned telcom
- EU not fighting against Serbia or China - PM
- Serbia to stop subsidizing trade and hotel industry
- Serbia asks for exemption from new EU steel import cap
- Serbia and World Steel Association have different stats
- Serbia to sign 230 mln euro deal with Russia's RZD Intl for railway infrastructure works
- Aptiv Packard factory opened in southern Serbia
- Serbia has world's highest crude steel production increase
- Chinese company to buy Serbian bus manufacturer
- World Bank revises growth forecast for Serbia