The Czech Republic’s PPF Group acquired Telenor’s assets in four CEE countries as it believes in the potential of these markets and aims to develop its telco operations in the region.
Speaking at the Digital 2018 conference in Belgrade and quoted by b92, Marek Slacik, executive director of the telecom sector in PPF Group, added that that he viewed the telecom market in Serbia as dynamic.
Telenor Serbia is the leader in the mobile sector, while Serbian users have high expectations, wanting to use a lot of internet and have the latest models of smart devices.
Slacik also said PPF Group wanted to bring what is best from its knowledge and skills from the countries it already operates to the Serbian market.
As previously reported by Broadband TV News, Telenor completed the sale of its CEE assets to PPF Group in a deal worth €2.8 billion at the beginning of August.
Source; Broadband TV News
- Serbia and China sign several important documents
- Chinese investor to build 80 mln euro zinc oxide factory in Serbia
- IMF: Serbia alone received over half of region's FDIs
- Arabs to buy faltering Serbian agriculture giant
- Germany's Leoni to invest 60 mln euro in fourth factory in Serbia
- Chinese move Gorenje production from Slovenia to Serbia
- Serbia ready to become full member of CERN
- Serbia plans to build 13 mln euro car battery factory in northern
- Serbia, US sign MoU in field of infrastructure
- Serbian ministers welcome US secretary of commerce