The Czech Republic’s PPF Group acquired Telenor’s assets in four CEE countries as it believes in the potential of these markets and aims to develop its telco operations in the region.
Speaking at the Digital 2018 conference in Belgrade and quoted by b92, Marek Slacik, executive director of the telecom sector in PPF Group, added that that he viewed the telecom market in Serbia as dynamic.
Telenor Serbia is the leader in the mobile sector, while Serbian users have high expectations, wanting to use a lot of internet and have the latest models of smart devices.
Slacik also said PPF Group wanted to bring what is best from its knowledge and skills from the countries it already operates to the Serbian market.
As previously reported by Broadband TV News, Telenor completed the sale of its CEE assets to PPF Group in a deal worth €2.8 billion at the beginning of August.
Source; Broadband TV News
- Chinese investing EUR 7.5bn in infrastructure in Serbia
- Chinese two finance two highways in Serbia
- Google joins Digital Serbia Initiative
- Several agreements signed with Chinese companies
- Serbia and Russia to abolish roaming charges
- "EIB invested over 5.5 billion euros in Serbia"
- Swiss Barry Callebaut to build €50mn chocolate factory in Serbia
- Serbian regulator issues license to Vodafone
- Hungary and Serbia to reconstruct cross-border railway line
- "Stable economic climate encourages investors"