Serbia, In 2022, 2.88 million people were employed, News
According to the labor force survey, in the fourth quarter of 2022, 2,888,700 people were employed in Serbia, 291,100 were unemployed, the employment rate was 50.1 percent, and the unemployment rate was 9.2 percent, the Republic Institute of Statistics announced.
Compared to the fourth quarter of 2021, the unemployment rate was lower by 0.6 percentage points, while the employment rate increased slightly, by 0.1 percentage points.
On a year-on-year basis, the number of employees fell by 28,700 and the number of unemployed by 25,600. Territorially, at the interannual level, employment growth was recorded only in the Belgrade region, 12,600, and the largest decrease in employment was recorded in Vojvodina, 28,100.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, the long-term unemployment rate was 3.9 percent, which represents a decrease of 0.6 percentage points compared to the fourth quarter of 2021.
In the youth population, aged 15‒24, the number of unemployed decreased by 12,500, but the total youth population also decreased by almost 9,000.
Compared to the third quarter, in the fourth quarter employment decreased by 53,400 and unemployment increased by 2,200.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 31, 2023 Serbia: Farmers’ associations are dissatisfied with the way in which the eAgrar system is implemented
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, Export growth in February 14.9 percent compared to the same month in 2022
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, New toll prices apply from tomorrow