Serbia, European companies employ more than 280,000 people, News
Prime Minister Ana Brnabić said today that the main strategic priorities of Serbia’s foreign policy are the EU and regional cooperation.
On that occasion, she emphasized that in December 2022 alone, European companies directly employed 281,363 people in Serbia, and that, if all the countries of the region joined the Open Balkans project, the GDP would increase by seven percent.
Ana Brnabić said this in the introductory part of the regional conference “Euro-Atlantic integration of the Western Balkans, perspectives – Western Balkans, Transatlantic cooperation and civil society”.
Norwegian Ambassador Jern Eugen Jelstad also spoke at the conference, which was attended by Minister for European Integration Tanja Miščević.
The gathering is organized by the Balkan Fund for Democracy of the German Marshall Fund of the USA as part of the project “Strengthening EU integration in Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia”, with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway in Belgrade.
The conference is also attended by the ambassadors of the USA and Great Britain, as well as the Minister for Human and Minority Rights and Social Dialogue Tomislav Žigmanov.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule