Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply, News
The LNG Terminal in Alexandropoulos, which will be put into operation at the end of the year, will help Serbia, North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, and even Ukraine to reduce and eventually eliminate their dependence on Russian natural gas, Greek President Katerina Sakelaropoulou said today.
She told the Politika newspaper that the terminal would open a new gate of diversification for the supply of natural gas to Greece’s northern neighbors, who had little or no access to alternative sources and supply routes.
“Combined with the Trans Adriatic Pipeline, the East Med Gas Pipeline and the Greece-North Macedonia Gas Interconnector, the Alexandropoulos facility will help Serbia, North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania and even Ukraine to reduce and eventually eliminate their dependence on Russian natural gas,” she said.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects