Serbia, Three million users of mBanking applications, News
Cashless payments have come to life in Serbia and there are three million users of the mBanking application, it was said today at the Kopaonik Business Forum, on the panel “Cashless market and tangible benefits for all participants”.
The secretary of the Association of Financial Institutions of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, Katarina Ocokoljić, said that these are official data from the National Bank of Serbia.
“That already speaks of a certain user experience, and that contributed to the possibility of paying monthly bills with the q-ar code,” said Ocokoljić to Tanjug.
She pointed out that all the regulatory, as well as the technical and technological prerequisites for the use of cashless payment have been created on the Serbian market, since it is possible to pay by mobile phone, payment cards, instant payment, online…
Everyone has this possibility, whether it is a legal entity or a natural person, Ocokoljić pointed out and added that the number of non-cash payments in Serbia has increased.
“Today, you have large trade chains and companies that already use certain cashless payment models, but it has been noticed that in the segment of small and medium-sized enterprises and entrepreneurs, the participation of cashless payments is not at an enviable level,” she said.
She mentioned that every novelty meets some resistance and that every innovation takes time
Ocokoljić said that the PKS with 16 regional chambers in its composition can reach every potential user and that they are open to cooperation.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule