The company said the acquisition will expand its geographic footprint and provide for full containerboard integration in its packaging operations in Southeast Europe.
Smurfit Kappa Group CEO, Tony Smurfit, said the acquisition will be a cornerstone to the expansion of its business in Southeast Europe. “We look forward to welcoming their experienced teams into the Smurfit Kappa Group, and we are confident their expertise and the high quality of the companies’ asset bases will provide us with an excellent platform to grow in the region and further strengthen our European offering for our new and existing customers.”
In a trading update, the paper and packaging company said year-on-year pre-tax earnings between January and September rose by 27% to €1.1 billion. The company saw revenue growth of over 7% year-on-year.
Smurfit Kappa has also announced Irial Finan will succeed current Chairperson Liam O’Mahony, who is retiring in May.
- Confirmation of leadership for the ninth consecutive year
- Getting the Jump on World’s Big Economies, Serbia Cuts Rates
- Strategic Partnership As A Model Of Privatisation Under Serbia's Privatisation Law
- Pay toll on motorways in Seriba up for 12 pct: RSD 2.130 worth ride to N. Macedonia
- IT Minister Attends Hungary-Serbia-China Working Group on Budapest-Belgrade Railway
- Air Serbia considering regional fleet options
- South Korean low-cost airline will not fly to Belgrade after all
- How is Serbia going to spend 179 million euro from IPA fund?
- Serbia and Airbus Helicopters expand partnership
- Serbia eyes more Eurobond sales to fund investment programme