The company said the acquisition will expand its geographic footprint and provide for full containerboard integration in its packaging operations in Southeast Europe.
Smurfit Kappa Group CEO, Tony Smurfit, said the acquisition will be a cornerstone to the expansion of its business in Southeast Europe. “We look forward to welcoming their experienced teams into the Smurfit Kappa Group, and we are confident their expertise and the high quality of the companies’ asset bases will provide us with an excellent platform to grow in the region and further strengthen our European offering for our new and existing customers.”
In a trading update, the paper and packaging company said year-on-year pre-tax earnings between January and September rose by 27% to €1.1 billion. The company saw revenue growth of over 7% year-on-year.
Smurfit Kappa has also announced Irial Finan will succeed current Chairperson Liam O’Mahony, who is retiring in May.
- Serbia should accelerate privatisation, restructuring of SOEs
- Canada’s Ambassador to Serbia: Air Serbia more likely to launch Toronto service in 2020
- EU expects Serbian economy to continue to grow
- "Huge" Chinese-Serbian free zone master plan draft complete
- Foreign Investors Council's White Book presented in Belgrade
- Serbia's AIK gets permission to take over Slovenia's Gorenjska Banka
- Five lessons about advertising in a mobile era
- "Introduction of e-government best dam for corruption"
- Serbia drops 5 places on WB's Doing Business report
- Car:Go service "welcome, but legally"; Yandex doing fine