The company said the acquisition will expand its geographic footprint and provide for full containerboard integration in its packaging operations in Southeast Europe.
Smurfit Kappa Group CEO, Tony Smurfit, said the acquisition will be a cornerstone to the expansion of its business in Southeast Europe. “We look forward to welcoming their experienced teams into the Smurfit Kappa Group, and we are confident their expertise and the high quality of the companies’ asset bases will provide us with an excellent platform to grow in the region and further strengthen our European offering for our new and existing customers.”
In a trading update, the paper and packaging company said year-on-year pre-tax earnings between January and September rose by 27% to €1.1 billion. The company saw revenue growth of over 7% year-on-year.
Smurfit Kappa has also announced Irial Finan will succeed current Chairperson Liam O’Mahony, who is retiring in May.
- CEFTA "needs recovery to stay alive"
- Talks with Volkswagen "possibly this week"
- President discusses Morava Corridor with Bechtel-Enka
- Americans meeting with Vucic, want to build highways
- Austria's Raiffeisen does not rule out interest in Serbia's Komercijalna Banka
- Serbia and EAEU harmonize free trade deal
- Serbian town becomes center for Gorenje cooling appliances
- Serbia-Russia trade reaches USD 3.6 billion annually
- Serb goods from Kosovo big success in central Serbia stores
- Societe Generale Serbia: Profit up 35.2%, at RSD 8.2 billion