Serbia, Chinese United Alloy-Tech Europe will invest 300 million euros, News
Chinese car part manufacturer United Alloy-Tech Europe (UATE) will invest 300 million euro ($320.3 million) in expanding its Serbian production footprint in the western city of Sabac by building a factory, its fourth in the city, the city mayor said.
The construction of a fourth factory is planned to start by the end of the year, Sabac mayor Aleksandar Pajic said last week, as quoted in a statement by the city authorities.
The new factory will employ 1,500 workers, he added.
The construction of the company’s third factory in the city, where it will employ 1,000 staff, is already underway, he added. The factory spans 84,000 square metres.
UATE began building its second facility in Sabac in March last year, an investment worth 50 million euro, according to local media reports.
A local authority official declined to comment. An email to the mayor’s office went unanswered by the time this article was published.
Chinese-headquartered United Alloy-Tech Europe, part of MINTH Group, manufactures structural body parts, trims and decorative parts of passenger vehicles. It has more than 16,000 employees in 43 production facilities in Europe, Asia and South America.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule