Serbia, From January 21 to February 9, there will be a public hearing on amendments to the Law on the Use of RES, News
The Ministry of Mining and Energy states that the Law is being changed to ensure the stability of the power system in the circumstances of “mass integration of variable renewable energy sources”, as reported by Balkan Green Energy News.
According to the Ministry, the total power of existing solar parks and wind farms is 8,000 MW, and requests for connection have been submitted for as much as 17,000 MW.
While according to the current law EPS is responsible for balancing the system for all power plants, the draft foresees that Elektroprivreda will assume responsibility only for power plants that receive incentives – market premiums and feed-in tariffs.
Also, the obligations of the Electric Grid of Serbia (EMS) and Elektrodistribucija Srbije (EDS) in taking over the electricity produced by the new power plants will be limited, so that the so-called right of priority taking over of electricity, according to the draft, will only have plants up to 400 kW in the future, and from January 1, 2026 up to 200 kW.
And this novelty, according to the Ministry’s explanation, is being introduced in favor of the stability of the electric power system.
For the same reasons, the power of prosumer power plants will be limited to 10 MW, and investors in new power plants may be required to provide devices that guarantee stability, i.e. “new capacity” that can provide “frequency regulation system services” in the form of conventional sources or electricity storage.
The draft also introduces novelties in the relationship between electricity producers from renewable energy sources who receive market premiums and EPS, and the Ministry and the Energy Agency (AERS).
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule