Serbia, chance for trade with China lays in powerful food industry, News
Customs duties on 90 percent of Serbian products that will be exported to China will be abolished, writes Bloomberg Adria. These are the standards of the World Trade Organization when trade agreements are signed.
Tomislav Momirović, Minister of Foreign and Internal Trade, in an interview with Bloomberg Adria, said that “we will do our best to sign a free trade agreement with China this year and to open space for Serbian companies for a new type of business in that country next year”.
As he said, apart from apples, frozen fruit, wheat and corn, Serbia has a chance to offer all kinds of products because European products have a good reputation in China. He adds that we cannot compete in mass production with China and that we should not focus on that.
“Our companies have yet to realize what opportunity is opening up for them. Serbia has a powerful food industry and wine industry that has been growing significantly in recent years. This is where our chance lies. This is not a story that will bring short-term results. The real results will come in four or five years as which was the case with the Stabilization and Association Agreement. We have to orient ourselves towards sophisticated high-quality products, which they normally buy in Europe,” explains Momirović
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year